NE Wed 1/6
Drop-in help: Tuesday1/5
DEADLINE Wed. January 6, 5pm!! ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE! (info at end)
1) ANYONE IN NH CAN INTERVENE -- the project could impact your electric rates, if nothing else. We encourage everyone to - getting thousands of people to will send a message to FERC, Kinder Morgan's investors, etc.
2) DO NOT WORRY ABOUT "SERVING" your motion to to everyone on the "service list".
FERC staff has sent mixed messages, but their website actually says only subsequent submissions (comments filed after intervening) need to be sent to the service list. Technically, in addition to e-filing your motion, you are supposed to email your motion to Jacquelyne_Rocan@kindermorgan.
shannon_miller@kindermorgan. com; email@example.com) on the pipeline company, though many
people skip this step (These are the email addresses:
3) Your motion can be just a couple of sentences. For example:
"I live in [town, state], and want to in this proceeding to oppose the NED pipeline. I have an interest which may be directly affected by the outcome of the proceeding because [use any of the reasons below that apply, or others]:
- I am an electric ratepayer.
- I am gas ratepayer
- I am a directly impacted landowner.
- I am a resident expected to be in the "blast radius"/my daily commute crosses over the proposed pipeline route, so I will be at physical risk.
- I am a resident whose watershed is crossed by the proposed route
- I am a member of an impacted community
WHY INTERVENE? WHY NOT!?
-you will receive all documents from all parties in the case
-you can present at a hearing and file a brief
-you can appeal a FERC decision
-you can remark on the entire FERC process at once
-if you fail to comment during the specified period, you still have a chance to participate in the case.
--Drop-in help: Tuesday, January 5th, Winchester Town Hall. Hours will be announced Monday, most likely late afternoon, early evening.
We’ll have a wi-fi hot spot and a couple of laptops –bring your own if you can.
--Samples and ideas, instruction handout, powerpoint: http://www.
--Step by step video with screen shots:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
--Got stuck – need help? Facebook message me: Sue Durling, email WinchesterPipelineAwareness@
gmail.com, Call me 603-496-1783