Attached is the proposed directives that are planned for election’s going forward in Winchester, with input from the town clerk. Some of them are mandated by the Attorney General’s Office others are mandated from the Secretary of State’s Office, or the town itself with the 100 foot markings. I have also included the Attorney General’s Election Checklist. Someone usually comes down from the Sheriff’s office to inspect the polling place, and not only grades us but also makes the town moderator make corrections immediately.
I would still like anyone else’s input on election day procedures. We can also schedule a face to face meeting if you like, or even a public meeting on election issues. Which would need to be posted at least 24 hours ahead from the meeting.
No signs in the back of or attached to any vehicle while in the Town Hall parking lot except bumper stickers.
- The front row inside the 100’ area will be reserved only for handicap and elderly parking
- No large vehicle will park on the edges of the 100’ area of the lot that may impede traffic/pedestrian safety. To be determined by the moderator or designate.
- Large vehicles must be parked by the Winchester Post Office wall.
- Parking inside the 100’ area shall be for ½ hour, except for election officials/town employees who are elderly or handicapped.
- Vehicles left over 2 hours will be towed at owner’s expense.
- All signs must be attended to; if they are left unattended they may be placed under the stairs of the town hall to be picked up by authorized candidate workers or committee.
These rules will be given to all candidates when they file for office. In addition they will also be posted 72 hours before any election in accordance with 31:41-c